All Data Centres of Equinix are ISO Certified
ISO is the world’s largest developer and publisher of international standards. ISO certification means that we can offer products and services which meet and exceed the specifications of our customers by implementing the quality, safety, security, environmental and energy management standards with the widest possible acceptance in our sector.
Find out which Equinix IBX data centres are accredited for which standards here.
Our certifications and how they help our customers
ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems Standard
ISO 9001 is the world’s leading quality management standard. An effective quality management system provides a clearly structured, systematic approach to maintaining and improving customer experience, and:
- minimises the potential for incidents and mitigates any impacts
- ensures cost-effectiveness and clear lines of responsibility
- supports effective communication with hard facts and figures
- optimises staff competences, commitment and motivation
ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System Standard
ISO 14001:2004 provides a framework for ensuring that any and all interfaces between Equinix and the environment are closely controlled in a manner that avoids or minimises any negative environmental impact. The ISO 14001 standard:
- promotes procedures that have been made in an environmentally friendly and sustainable manner
- requires proactive management of any design and operational environmental risks
- supports Equinix and its customers in achieving lasting environmental and economic goals
OHSAS 18001: 2007 Occupational Health & Safety Management System Standard
This standard ensures that Equinix locations are safe and healthy environments to work in and visit. OHSAS 18001 requires that:
- any risks to staff, visitors and contractors have been assessed
- where necessary controls are put in place to reduce the risk of harm to a minimum
- all national/local legal and regulatory health and safety requirements are met.
ISO / IEC 27001:2005 Information Security Management System Standard
Security is of paramount importance to Equinix and its customers, and ISO 27001 is the most widely-accepted certification available for supporting information and physical security and business continuity ISO 27001 ensures that:
- risks and threats to the business are assessed and managed
- physical security processes such as restricted/named access are enforced consistently
- audits are conducted regularly at each site that include tests of security and CCTV planning and monitoring.
ISO 50001:2011 Energy Management System Standard
Leading the way in environmental standards, Equinix was the first data centre provider in Europe to achieve ISO 50001 accreditation. ISO 50001 provides organisations with a recognised framework for integrating energy performance into their management practices. Among other things, this involves
- establishing energy baselines that are measured, monitored and adjusted to ensure management control
- using this data as a base for ongoing forecasting and improvements to energy efficient operations
- purchasing and deploying efficient low-energy equipment wherever possible.
PCI-DSS Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard
The PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) ensures the safe handling of sensitive information and is intended to help organisations proactively protect customer account data. As Equinix do not monitor or have access to customer data, applicability is restricted to physical security access to customer equipment through a combination of management systems and physical access safeguards and procedures.
Standards & Compliance
SSAE16 Compliant Data Centres in the United States and Canada
Equinix is committed to operating SSAE16 compliant data centres in the United States and Canada and meeting the rigorous standards and business continuity needs of global businesses.
ISO Certified Data Centres in Europe and Asia
Equinix offers 19 ISO-certified data centres in five markets across Europe, including France, Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
LEED Certified Data Centres
Equinix is committed to green building practices, pursuing LEED certification for all new data centres, which are evaluated for LEED certification during the design and construction process.
Building a Sustainable Future
Learn what Equinix is doing to design, build and operate more sustainable data centres around the world.