- Effective immediately, the registrant contact needs to be validated upon the purchase or transfer of a domain name, or if the registrant’s first name, last name or email address have been modified. OpenSRS sends an email that, like our other features, has white label/branding capabilities.
- Reminder emails will be re-sent on days 5, 10 and 13 within the 15-day validation window; messages on days 10 and 13 of this process are sent to the Admin, Tech and Billing contacts as well. These reminders can be disabled.
- The same process takes place if a WHOIS Data Reminder Policy (WDRP) notice, 30 day expiration notice or 5 day expiration notice bounce. It’s therefore crucial to ensure the WHOIS data your customer provides is correct.
- Failing to receive a response within 15 days requires us to suspend the name. As a result, the name will be placed on ClientHold, rendering the domain name inactive.
- This process applies to all gTLDs. There is no impact to existing names as long as they are not modified, and WDRP/expiration notices do not bounce.
As a result of these changes, we have introduced a number of features:
- White label/branding capabilities for all registrant validation and reminder emails;
- The ability to resend validation e-mails through the control panel and API (resend_registrant_
- Additional information within a new API call regarding a name’s validation status (get_registrant_verification_
- The ability to filter names by validation status in the new control panel;
- The ability to send optional reminder e-mails 5, 10 and 13 days after the validation process is triggered.
Important: Increased data validation
The 2013 RAA requires registrars to ensure email addresses, postal addresses and phone numbers are formatted properly as per specific RFCs and ITU specifications. As a result, please ensure contact data sent is valid (for example, phone numbers formatted properly and postal/zip codes corresponding to the correct country) in order to avoid any ordering issues.