VMware Cloud Hosting – High Availability
FASTDOT’s vCloud Services are based on the VMware vSphere platform which sets us apart from other providers by offering enterprise grade Cloud Services such as VMware High Availability (HA), Fault Tolerance (FT), and Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS).
VMware High Availability (HA) provides cost-effective high availability for any application running in a virtual machine, regardless of its operating system or underlying hardware configuration.
Increase Protection Across your Virtual Infrastructure
VMware HA can be configured with a single click from within the vSphere Client interface to provide failover protection without requiring the complex setup and configuration of solutions tied to operating systems or applications. Because VMware HA is simple to configure you can:
- Provide uniform protection of all of your applications from server and operating system failures, regardless of the server hardware or operating system used by the virtual machine.
- Establish a consistent first line of defense for your entire IT infrastructure.
- Protect applications with no other failover options and make high availability possible for software applications that might otherwise be left unprotected.
VMware High Availibility is a component of the VMware vSphere platform.
Minimize Downtime from Server and Operating System Failures
VMware HA delivers the availability needed by many applications running in virtual machines, independent of the operating system and application running in it. VMware HA provides uniform, cost-effective failover protection against hardware and operating system failures within your virtualized IT environment.
- Monitors virtual machines to detect operating system and hardware failures.
- Restarts virtual machines on other physical servers in the resource pool without manual intervention when server failure is detected.
- Protects applications from operating system failures by automatically restarting virtual machines when an operating system failure is detected
1. Automatic detection of server failures
VMware HA automates the monitoring of physical server availability. HA detects physical server failures and initiates the new virtual machine restart on a different physical server in the resource pool without human intervention.
2. Automatic detection of operating system failures
VMware HA detects operating system failures within virtual machines by monitoring heartbeat information. If a failure is detected, the affected virtual machine is automatically restarted on the server.
3. Smart failover of virtual machines to servers with best available resources via DRS
Automate the optimal placement of virtual machines restarted after server failure.
4. Scalable high availability across multiple physical servers
Supports up to 32 nodes in a cluster for high application availability. VMware HA has the same limits for virtual machines per host, hosts per cluster, and virtual machines per cluster as vSphere.
5. Resource checks
Ensure that capacity is always available in order to restart all virtual machines affected by server failure. HA continuously and intelligently monitors capacity utilization and reserves spare capacity to be able to restart virtual machines.
6. Proactive monitoring and health checks
VMware HA helps VMware vSphere users identify abnormal configuration settings detected within HA clusters. The VMware vSphere client interface reports relevant health status and potential error conditions and suggested remediation steps. The Cluster Operational Status window displays information about the current VMware High Availability operational status, including the specific status and errors for each host in the VMware HA cluster.
7. Enhanced isolation address response
Ensures reliability in confirming network failure by allowing multiple addresses to be pinged before declaring that a node is isolated in the cluster.
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
All of our Enterprise VMware Cloud Servers can be protected with Veeam Backup & Disaster Recovery , which is an Award Winning Backup Replication and Disaster Recovery solution