.HK Domain Name
The .hk extension was introduced in 1990 and is overseen by the Hong Kong Internet Registration Corporation Ltd. .hk domains are primarily targeted towards companies, organizations, and individuals in the Hong Kong region.
Registering a .hk domain name secures your brand identity in Hong Kong and allows you to reach an audience with a population of 7+ million people. Get started with a .hk domain name today.
Check if your domain name is still available!
|.hk Domain Information||Domain Features|
|Registration Period||1 year||Online Control Panel|
|Annual Price||$95.00||Basic DNS Management|
|Instant Activation||Advanced DNS Management ($15/y)||*|
.hk is the designated Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Hong Kong. It is administered by the Hong Kong Internet Registration Corporation (HKIRC), the only organization endorsed by the Hong Kong Government to undertake the administration of ‘hk’ domain names. Hong Kong Internet Registration Corporation (HKIRC) is a non-profit making, non-statutory, member-based corporation established in 2001.
Domain Name Registration or Transfer
Find EPP Code for Generic TLD’s (.com, .net, .org .. )
- Go to whois.sc (external link)
- In the first text field, enter your domain name and click the orange magnifying glass.
- Next, select the Registration tab.
- In the Registration Tab, next to ICANN Registrar, you will find your current domain registrar’s name.
Find EPP Code for Australian gTLD (.com.au, .net.au, .org.au ..)
- Firstly, ensure that your domain has domain privacy disabled, and the email address attached to your domain is active. This is where your domains EPP code will be sent.
- Go to AUDA at https://pw.auda.org.au/
- Enter your domain name (without the www) in the first text field
- In the second text field called "Requestor Name", enter the domain owners name.
- Select the Recover button
- Your domains EPP code will arrive via email shortly
About .HK Domain Name
The .HK domain name is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Hong Kong. It is used to represent websites associated with entities or individuals located in Hong Kong. The .HK domain is managed and administered by the Hong Kong Internet Registration Corporation Ltd (HKIRC).
Here are some key points to know about .HK domain names:
1. Eligibility: To register a .HK domain name, you must meet certain eligibility requirements. Generally, the registrant must be a legal entity or an individual residing or having a business presence in Hong Kong. The specific eligibility criteria may vary depending on the type of .HK domain you wish to register, such as .COM.HK, .ORG.HK, .EDU.HK, etc.
2. Registration Process: The registration process for .HK domain names typically involves choosing a registrar accredited by HKIRC. The registrar assists with the domain registration process and helps manage the domain on behalf of the registrant. You would need to provide the necessary information and documentation required by the registrar to complete the registration.
3. Domain Name Structure: The .HK domain allows for various second-level domain options, such as .COM.HK for commercial entities, .ORG.HK for non-profit organizations, .EDU.HK for educational institutions, and more. The specific domain structure depends on the category you choose.
4. Registration Period: The registration period for .HK domain names is typically one to two years. After the initial registration period, you can renew the domain to continue using it.
5. Usage and Restrictions: .HK domain names can be used for websites, email addresses, and other online services. However, there may be certain restrictions or guidelines regarding the content and usage of the domain, which you should comply with as per HKIRC’s policies.
6. Dispute Resolution: HKIRC has policies and procedures in place to handle domain name disputes, including complaints related to the ownership or usage of .HK domains. These dispute resolution mechanisms aim to resolve conflicts between parties regarding domain name rights.
If you are interested in registering a .HK domain name, it is recommended to visit the HKIRC website or consult with accredited registrars to understand the specific requirements, processes, and policies associated with .HK domain registration.