.COM Domain Registration
Originally derived from ‘commercial’, .COM was one of the first top-level domains in the Internet used when the Domain Name System was implemented in 1985. Since then, it has grown to become the largest top-level domain, with over 88 million .COM domains registered. .COM domains are registered in more than 350 languages worldwide, and are globally recognized.
Register your new domain name today!
|.COM Domain Information||Domain Features|
|Registration Period||1 year||Online Control Panel|
|Annual Price||$19.50||Basic DNS Management|
|Instant Activation||Advanced DNS Management ($15/y)||*|
The .com domain extension is one of the most widely recognized and commonly used top-level domains (TLDs) on the internet. Here are some important details about the .com domain extension:
1. Purpose and History: The .com TLD was originally intended for commercial or business-related websites when it was introduced in 1985. However, over time, it has become the most popular and versatile domain extension used for various types of websites, including businesses, organizations, blogs, personal websites, and more.
2. Popularity and Global Recognition: .com is the most widely known and commonly used domain extension worldwide. It has established itself as the go-to choice for businesses and individuals seeking a reputable and easily recognizable online presence. The familiarity of .com domains makes them memorable and instills trust in internet users.
3. Availability and Branding: As one of the oldest and most popular TLDs, many desirable .com domain names have been registered. This can make finding a short, concise, and keyword-rich .com domain challenging. However, with creative thinking, variations, or the use of additional words, it is still possible to secure a suitable .com domain that aligns with your brand or website purpose.
4. Global Reach: The .com extension has a global reach and is not limited to any specific country or region. This makes it an ideal choice for businesses or websites with an international audience or aspirations for global expansion.
5. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Benefits: Historically, .com domains have had a slight advantage in search engine rankings due to their popularity and trustworthiness. While search engines have evolved, .com domains still maintain their recognition and can contribute positively to search engine visibility and user trust.
6. Investment Value: Premium .com domain names, especially short and keyword-rich ones, have the potential for significant investment value. Some highly sought-after .com domains have been sold for millions of dollars.
7. Domain Hacks: The .com extension is often creatively used in “domain hacks,” where the extension is part of the word or phrase itself, creating a memorable and unique domain name (e.g., bit.ly).
It’s important to note that while .com is widely popular, there are also other domain extensions available that may better suit specific purposes or industries. However, for most websites, a .com domain is a solid choice due to its recognition, credibility, and universal appeal.
- Two out of three .COM domain available checks are successful
- 36 million times a day, a .COM domain availability check is successful
- 108 million previously registered .COM domain names are once again available
- There are still millions upon millions of .COM domain names available
Why would you register a .COM domain?
Registering a .com domain offers several benefits that make it a popular choice for individuals and businesses. Here are some key reasons why you might consider registering a .com domain:
1. Credibility and Trust: .com domains are the most recognized and trusted domain extension globally. Having a .com domain lends credibility to your website, making it more likely to be perceived as trustworthy by visitors and potential customers.
2. Brand Recognition: .com domains are deeply ingrained in popular culture and internet usage. They are synonymous with websites and online presence. Choosing a .com domain can help with brand recognition, as users often default to typing .com at the end of a company or brand name when searching or accessing a website.
3. Wide Audience Reach: .com domains have a broad international reach and are not tied to any specific country or region. This makes them suitable for businesses or individuals targeting a global audience or planning for future expansion.
4. Search Engine Visibility: While search engine algorithms have become more sophisticated, .com domains still carry a slight advantage in terms of search engine visibility and ranking. Having a .com domain can positively impact your website’s search engine optimization (SEO) efforts.
5. Investment Value: Premium .com domains, especially those that are short, keyword-rich, or have high demand, can hold significant investment value. They have the potential to appreciate over time and can be valuable assets in the domain market.
6. User Familiarity: Internet users are accustomed to seeing .com domains and often consider them the default extension. A .com domain can provide a sense of familiarity and ease of use for visitors to your website.
7. Email Branding: Using a .com domain for your email addresses reinforces your brand and professionalism. It adds an extra level of credibility to your communication, especially when corresponding with clients, partners, or customers.
While there are alternative domain extensions available, registering a .com domain is typically a safe and reliable choice due to its widespread recognition, trustworthiness, and familiarity among internet users.
Is .com still the best domain name?
The .com domain is widely recognized and considered one of the most popular and established top-level domains (TLDs) on the internet. It has been used for decades and is associated with various types of websites, businesses, and organizations.
While .com domains are still highly valuable and widely used, it’s important to note that the availability of desirable .com domain names has significantly decreased over time due to their popularity. This means that finding a short and memorable .com domain name might be challenging, and you may have to explore alternative TLDs or get creative with your domain name choices.
However, the choice of the best domain extension depends on various factors, including the purpose of your website, your target audience, and the nature of your business. Here are a few considerations:
- Branding and Recognition: If establishing a strong brand presence is crucial for your business, a .com domain can lend credibility and familiarity to your website. It is generally associated with reputable businesses and can be easier for users to remember.
- Geographic Targeting: If your business primarily operates within a specific country or region, using a country code TLD (such as .us for the United States or .au for Australia) may help convey local relevance and improve search engine rankings for local searches.
- Industry Relevance: Some industries have specific domain extensions that are commonly used, such as .edu for educational institutions or .org for non-profit organizations. Choosing a domain extension that aligns with your industry can help communicate your niche and purpose.
- Availability and Creativity: If finding an available .com domain name that matches your desired brand or keywords is challenging, you may consider exploring alternative TLDs that align with your business or using creative variations in your domain name.
Ultimately, the “best” domain extension will depend on your specific circumstances and goals. It’s essential to choose a domain extension that aligns with your branding strategy, resonates with your target audience, and is memorable and easy to promote.