VMware ESX/ESXi provides production-proven technology from the industry leader in virtualisation and offers the widest compatibility & support. ESXi provides a bare-metal, 64-bit hypervisor architecture that runs directly on server hardware without the need for a host operating system, offering near-native virtual machine performance, reliability and scalability.
- ESXi Server comprehensively virtualises CPU, memory, network and storage resources, making them intelligently available and balanced among numerous virtual machines. ESXi ensures greater hardware utilisation with no impact on service levels.
- ESXi delivers unparalleled performance and scalability, enabling even the most resource intensive production applications to be virtualized.
- ESXi offers advanced resource management capabilities to improve performance and increase consolidation ratios.
- Advanced security features in VMware ESXi protect stored data within the virtual environment. Each Virtual Machine is completely isolated, and completely independant from underlying physical hardware for the highest security.
- ESXi delivers a production-proven dedicated virtualisation environment with support for the widest number of operating systems, reducing hardware and energy costs. FASTDOT’s VMware environment furthers our commitment to providing “Green IT” solutions.
Advantages of VMware vCloud vs. Virtuozzo (VPS) vs. Dedicated Server Hosting
|Features:||Virtuozzo VPS||Dedicated Server||VMWare vCloud|
|Independence from physical hardware||no||no||yes|
|Independence from underlying OS||no||no||yes|
|Allows full OS Install||no ||yes||yes|
|Migration from existing hosting environment||Possible||Possible||Fast and Efficient|
|Server Live Migration||no||Possible only in a clustered server farm||yes|
|Distributed Resource Scheduling||no||no||yes|
|High Availability (server hot spare)||no||Possible only in a clustered server farm||yes|
|Dedicated Resources (CPU, RAM, HDD)||no||yes||yes|
|Upgrading CPU||Instant||Additional Cost/Downtime||Instant|
|Upgrading RAM||Instant||Additional Cost/Downtime||Instant|
|Upgrading HDD||Instant||Additional Cost/Downtime||Instant|
|Server Image Snapshots||no||Possible||yes|
|1/ Virtual Machines are fully abstracted from underlying Physical Hardware under ESXi|
|2/ Only the true virtualisation of VMware ESXi offers complete independance from an underlying Operating System|
|3/ Only Dedicated Hardware or VMware Dedicated Virtualization provides a full Operating System|
|4/ Virtual Machines can be provisioned and modified on demand|
|5/ Guided Consolidation tools can be used to automate the virtualisation of existing servers|
|6/ VMware ESXi offers dedicated virtual resources ensuring your VM performance cannot be impacted by other customers|
|7/ VMware ESXi allows Virtual Machines to be moved between hosts with zero downtime|
|8/ VMware’s bare-metal hypervisor allows complete abstraction from physical hardware, allowing for aggregration of physical resources.|
|9/ High Availability with automatic hardware failover is built into the ESXi environment|
|10/ VMware ESXi allows precise and accurate control over resource allocation, ensuring you receive what you pay for as a minimum|
|11/ Upgrading physical infrastructure requires specification of components, order and delivery and installation/configuration.|
|12/ Hardware changes in a virtual environment|
|13/ Cloning a production environment for development purposes is easily delivered using virtualised dedicated hosting|
|14/ Virtual Machine Snapshots are only offered in a VMware based environment|
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
All of our Enterprise VMware Cloud Servers can be protected with Veeam Backup & Disaster Recovery , which is an Award Winning Backup Replication and Disaster Recovery solution