The revolutionary VMware ESXi and vSphere platform offer a range of lifesaving features.
With your FASTDOT Cloud Hosting VDS service, you have full remote access & control over your machine via vSphere, which is accessible using the vSphere client or via a web browser.
Via vSphere , FASTDOT staff has access to the VMware Snapshot Manager, which will allow us to create & revert to Snapshots. A disk “Snapshot” is a copy of the virtual machine disk file (VMDK) at a certain point in time. It preserves the disk file system and system memory of your VM by enabling you to revert to the snapshot in case something goes wrong. Snapshots can be real lifesavers when upgrading or patching applications and servers.
For example, say you need to update your Linux kernel to patch a new vulnerability which may compromise a live hosting environment. In the old world, you would want to be right in front of your physical server for any worst case scenario such as a kernel panic or numerous other problems that could occur in such a scenario.
By simply saving a Snapshot of your VDS prior to any changes and then using VMware vSphere, you will be have to view your console screen at all times, as though you were physically in front of your server. In the event of a serious issue such as your machine not booting, or configuration errors displaying in the console, you have the option of using vSphere to Revert to Snapshot, which will restore the VDS instantly to that point in time without missing a beat and helping you to minimize any further costly downtime disasters.
If you requier a snapshot then please order this additional service via your FASTDOT Client Area
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
All of our Enterprise Cloud Virtual Machines can be protected by Veeam Backup & Disaster Recovery , which is an Award Winning Backup Replication and Disaster Recovery solution
FASTDOT’s Enterprise Cloud Server are excellent choices for:
- IaaS Cloud Stack for reselling virtualised environments
- Mission critical financial institutions running MetaTrader / Forex Trading Solutions
- Implementing mission-critical SAP, Exchange, Sharepoint, Zimbra or MS SQL Database Server
- Security with high-grade ISO 27001 qualifications.
- Businesses looking to upgrade to a dedicated server, but not looking to spend thousands of dollars on hardware and datacenter hosting costs.
- Setting up your own external Exchange or MSSQL database server powered by the resources of a Tier 3 data centre.
- Small or large dynamic websites needing to move away from restrictive shared hosting environments.
- Web hosting resellers looking to take their business to the next level.
- A cost-effective method for delivering dynamically scalable “Infrastructure as a Service” (IaaS Hosting) and “Software as a Service Hosting” (SaaS Hosting) solutions which can scale up or down with your evolving business needs.
- Customers who require Mission-Critical hosting environments with dynamic scalability where 24/7 uptime is absolutely critical to your business needs
Get Started with VMware Cloud Hosting
Your new VMware Virtual Servers will be commissioned shortly.