FASTDOT utilizes CloudLinux Hosting on our shared web-hosting environments to improve the stability, performance and security of our CloudLinux server cluster.
Typically, a shared hosting environment does not enforce any resource limitations on its customers.
This means that if one customer is abusing the server resources (e.g. CPU, Disk I/O, MySQL, Memory) other customers will also be significantly affected.
Thankfully, FASTDOT employs the CloudLinux LVE which shares the resources of our Cloud Cluster evenly, ensuring each customer has their own ‘dedicated’ resources. This drastically improves website load times and provides a consistent hosting experience for each customer (and their visitors)
FASTDOT and CloudLinux Hosting together brings together a new dimension of shared CloudLinux hosting, finally you can experience a safe, performant, consisent CloudLinux hosting experience that you and your visitors will both love.
Secure Account Isolation via CloudLinux Hosting
We use CageFS, a virtualized per-user file system that uniquely encapsulates each account on our environment, preventing accounts from seeing each other and viewing sensitive information.
FASTDOT utilizes CageFS / CloudLinux Hosting to mitigate a large number of attacks, including most of the privilege escalation and information disclosure attacks.
SecureLinks is a kernel-level technology that prevents all known symbolic link attacks, which enhances the security level of the servers even further.
Symbolic Link attacks can be used to ‘link’ or create ‘shortcuts’ to other users accounts on the shared hosting environment, as you can imagine, this poses a great security threat.
FASTDOT uses SecureLinks and CageFS selectively to mitigate these attacks, ensuring each user is contained to their own environment and is invisible to other customers.
Standard Shared Hosting Environment vs. FASTDOT CloudLinux Hosting
See how we stack up with a comparison of a traditional shared hosting environment versus our performance-driven CloudLinux hosting:
Standard Shared Hosting Environment:
- Any web site can drain resources for a variety of reasons
- Single website can overload the server
- No additional security or protection from hackers or scripts that drain resources for other tenants
- Increases risk and lowers efficiency of servers
FASTDOT CloudLinux Hosting:
- Resource isolation via LVE Technology / CloudLinux Hosting
- LVE Technology prevents individual websites from using too many resources
- LVE Technology provides better security and protects servers from issues that drain resources for other tenants
- Single website cannot overload the server
- Lowers risk, increases efficiency and improves server performance
- All tenants on the server are isolated from each other so if one goes down everyone else is still safe and stable
- Security patches are released fast to keep you safe
- Allow user access only to safe files
- Remove user’s access to ALL SUID scripts
- Limit customer’s access to /proc filesystem
- Prevent symbolic links attacks
- Customer can see only his or her own processes