This tutorial will show you how to fix the “550 Invalid HELO name” error in Outlook. This tutorial can be adapted to any email client by ensuring that the “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” is ticked.
Please note that all FASTDOT email servers require outgoing SMTP authentication.
- From the Menu Bar (or ribbon in later versions of Outlook), seklect Tools then Click E-mail Accounts
- Click “View or change existing e-mail accounts” then Select “Next“
- Click your Email account and select “Change“
- Select “More settings“
- Click the “Outgoing Server” tab
- Tick the box beside “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication“
- Select “Use same settings as my incoming email server“
- Click Ok, Next and then Finish.