RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) is a Linux distribution produced by RedHat and targeted toward the commercial market, including mainframes.
RedHat Enterprise Linux is released in server versions for x86, x86-64, Itanium, PowerPC and IBM System z, and desktop versions for x86 and x86-64. All of RedHat’s official support and training, and the RedHat Certification Program center around the RedHat Enterprise Linux platform.
RedHat Enterprise Linux is often abbreviated to RHEL, although this is not an official designation.
What began as a better way to build software—openness, transparency, collaboration—soon shifted the balance of power in an entire industry. The revolution of choice continues. Today Red Hat® is the world’s most trusted provider of Linux® and open source technology.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux is often abbreviated to RHEL, although this is not an official designation.
The first version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux to bear the name originally came onto the market as “Red Hat Linux Advanced Server”. In 2003 Red Hat rebranded Red Hat Linux Advanced Server to “Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS”, and added two more variants, Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES and Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS.
While Red Hat uses strict trademark rules to restrict free re-distribution of their officially supported versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux,Red Hat freely provides the source code for the distribution’s software even for software where this is not mandatory. As a result, several distributors have created re-branded and/or community-supported re-builds of Red Hat Enterprise Linux that can legally be made available, without official support from Red Hat. CentOS, Scientific Linux, and Oracle Linux aim to provide 100% compatibility with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (however besides their Red Hat Compatible Kernel note that Oracle also offers and advertises their non-100%-compatible Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel). There are also several other notable derivatives.
FASTDOT’s Enterprise Cloud Server are excellent choices for:
- IaaS Cloud Stack for reselling virtualised environments
- Mission critical financial institutions running MetaTrader / Forex Trading Solutions
- Implementing mission-critical SAP, Exchange, Sharepoint, Zimbra or MS SQL Database Server
- Security with high-grade ISO 27001 qualifications.
- Businesses looking to upgrade to a dedicated server, but not looking to spend thousands of dollars on hardware and datacenter hosting costs.
- Setting up your own external Exchange or MSSQL database server powered by the resources of a Tier 3 data centre.
- Small or large dynamic websites needing to move away from restrictive shared hosting environments.
- Web hosting resellers looking to take their business to the next level.
- A cost-effective method for delivering dynamically scalable “Infrastructure as a Service” (IaaS Hosting) and “Software as a Service Hosting” (SaaS Hosting) solutions which can scale up or down with your evolving business needs.
- Customers who require Mission-Critical hosting environments with dynamic scalability where 24/7 uptime is absolutely critical to your business needs
Get Started with VMware Cloud Hosting
Your new VMware Virtual Servers will be commissioned shortly.