Munin is a system and network monitoring tool that generates useful charts of resource usage. The primary goal of the Munin project is to provide an easy-to-use tool that is simple to install and configure and provides information in an accessible web-based interface. It also makes it possible to monitor multiple “nodes” with a single installation.
1. Log into WHM.
2. In the top-left Find box, type in plugins, then click on Manage Plugins.
3. Place a check beside Munin in the Install and keep updated selection box, then click Save at the bottom.
4. The install process should take about 3-5 minutes, and during that time you don’t want to close your web-browser. When it finishes you’ll see a Process Complete message at the bottom of the screen
5. Log out, and then back into WHM again.
6. In the top-left Find box, type in munin, then click on Munin Service Monitor.
7. Now Munin sets up a cronjob to gather statistics every 5 minutes, so when you first look through your reports there won’t be any data populated into them yet. So typically you’ll want to wait at least 24 hours before you start reviewing the reports.
8. Below are some screen shots of the various reports available that you can get to by either scrolling down your main report page, or by clicking on one of the header links such as Apache at the top. You can also click on any of the individual report graphs to be taken to the monthly and yearly reports for that category as well:
Munin is a free and open-source computer system monitoring, network monitoring and infrastructure monitoring software application. Munin is written in Perl and uses RRDtool to create graphs, which are accessible over a web interface. Its emphasis is on plug and play capabilities
Get Started with VMware VPS Hosting