Simple Machines Forum -SMF in short- is a free, professional grade software package that allows you to set up your own online community within minutes. SMF Forum Hosting is written in the popular language PHP and uses a MySQL database.It is designed to provide you with all the features you need from a bulletin board while having an absolute minimal impact on the resources of the server. SMF Forum Hosting is the next generation of forum software – and best of all it is and will always remain completely free!
With SMF Hosting from FASTDOT, you can leverage our premium VPS solutions to deliver optimum performance for your SMF Forum.
SMF Forum Hosting Features
SMF is all that in one package, giving you an easy to use forum with many powerful features for you as well as your users. SMF is an open-source project made by volunteers from across the world.
It features a powerful Package Manager, allowing you to quickly apply any of the hundreds of modifications in our database, as well as a variety of custom themes that change the way your site looks.
Also included is a powerful custom made template engine puts you in full control of the layout of your message board and with the SSI – or Server Side Includes – function that will let your forum and your website interact with each other.
SMF Forum Hosting has a bundle of exciting features, such as:
- Newly developed template system making it easier for custom edits.
- Advanced permission and user management
- Supports multiple languages at once
- Open and well-documented source code
- Better SEO for search engines
- Package manager
- File based caching for a performance increases
- Advanced search functionality
100% SMF Forum Hosting Compatible
FASTDOT supports all the SMF Hosting requirements:
- Apache 2.0.x or above with AcceptPathInfo set to On for queryless URL support.
- MySQL 5.0 or higher and PHP MySQL client API version 5.0 or higher if using MySQL.
- PHP 5.2.0 or higher, with the following set in your php.ini file:
- max_input_time set to a value of at least 30.
- post_max_size and upload_max_filesize set to the size of the largest attachments you wish to be able to upload.
- memory_limit set to at least 8M.
- max_execution_time set to at least 15.
- register_globals set to Off.
- session.use_trans_sid set to Off.
- safe mode disabled, or PHP suExec enabled.
- BCMath library enabled for using the OpenID registration method.
- GNU Aspell 0.50 or higher (with appropriate dictionaries) for spell checking functionality.