Do you want to duplicate or copy a cPanel MySQL database? This can be done using phpMyAdmin by following the steps below:
Note: It’s important that you BACKUP your database first before performing the steps below.
- Login to your cPanel Account
- Create a new Database with the cPanel MySql Wizard
- Select the “phpMyAdmin” icon
- Select the database you wish to copy from the list in the left-hand sidebar
- Select the “Operations” tab
- Scroll down to “Copy database to:”.
- Enter the new database name using the cpanel name format (with the username_ prefixed) and select “structure and data” to copy everything.
- Check the box “Add AUTO_INCREMENT value.”
- Click on the Go button to proceed.
You should now see your duplicated database in the list within the left-hand sidebar.