We’re excited to announce that MailPoet is joining the WooCommerce family to help deliver a powerful, fully-integrated email marketing experience for all stores.
“MailPoet aims to be the single answer to all email problems — right inside the WordPress dashboard — from transactional emails to newsletters, abandoned cart emails, and more,” says MailPoet founder Kim Gjerstad. “We’re thrilled to join WooCommerce today to pursue this vision into the future.”
What is MailPoet?
A popular email marketing plugin for WordPress (used by over 300,000 sites), MailPoet enables merchants to grow their audience and inspire loyalty by delivering valuable content to customers at every stage of the buying journey.
Features such as a built-in email customizer, time-saving automation, analytics, and the ability to follow up on abandoned carts or make recommendations based on order history make it a real marketing MVP for busy store owners.
A natural fit
The WooCommerce and MailPoet teams share the same goal — to help all of our customers find success online. And while the initial focus of our work together is on WooCommerce users, we aim to evolve our collaboration in a way that can benefit the entire WordPress community.
If you’re an existing MailPoet customer, there won’t be any immediate changes. You’ll still be able to continue to use it the way you always have and benefit from new improvements as the platform grows.
A continued focus on merchant success
Having MailPoet in our corner helps accelerate our roadmap toward a fully-integrated commerce experience. Over the past year, our focus on empowering WooCommerce store owners to grow their business has brought about some exciting developments:
- A host of Product Blocks give you the flexibility to display products on posts and pages, powerfully combining content with commerce. This includes a new block-based Cart and Checkout experience that puts even more control in the hands of merchants.
- A new, centralized Marketing Hub from which store owners will be able to launch, manage, and measure their marketing activities. Think coupon management, automations, campaigns, customer segmentation, marketing-focused analytics, and reporting – we’re just getting started!
Here’s to the future of email marketing
MailPoet is a popular email marketing plugin for WordPress, allowing users to design, send, and manage email campaigns directly from their WordPress dashboard. Here’s a brief overview and guide on using MailPoet for email marketing:
1. Installation and Setup:
- From your WordPress dashboard, navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Search for “MailPoet” and install and activate the plugin.
- Once activated, you’ll find a MailPoet menu in your WordPress dashboard. Start by navigating there.
2. List Creation:
Before sending out emails, you’ll need a list of subscribers.
- Go to MailPoet > Subscribers.
- Here, you can add subscribers manually, import a list, or segment your subscribers into different lists.
3. Creating Signup Forms:
- Navigate to MailPoet > Forms.
- Click on ‘Create New’ and design your form. Choose fields like name, email, etc.
- Once created, you can embed these forms on your website either through a widget, shortcode, or as a standalone page.
4. Designing Newsletters:
- Go to MailPoet > Emails.
- Click ‘New Email’ and choose a type of email – Standard or Welcome Email.
- Use the drag-and-drop editor to design your email. You can add text, images, buttons, etc.
- Set the subject, sender name, and reply-to email.
5. Sending the Newsletter:
- After designing the email, you can choose to send it immediately, schedule it for a future date, or save it as a draft.
- Before sending, always preview the email to ensure everything looks right.
- Once satisfied, click on ‘Send’ or ‘Schedule’.
6. Automated Emails:
MailPoet also supports automated emails like welcome emails, post notifications, and more. For instance:
- Welcome Email: Sent automatically when someone subscribes.
- Post Notification: Sent automatically when there’s a new post on your blog.
7. Tracking and Analytics:
- After sending emails, track the open rate, click rate, and other metrics to gauge performance.
- Navigate to MailPoet > Emails and click on the ‘Stats’ button next to each sent email.
8. Optimize Deliverability:
For optimal email deliverability:
- Use a reputable SMTP service. MailPoet has its sending service, but you can also use third-party services.
- Always provide an unsubscribe link in your emails.
- Maintain a clean list. Remove inactive subscribers regularly.
Ensure you’re compliant with international regulations like GDPR:
- Only send emails to those who have explicitly opted in.
- Provide easy options to unsubscribe.
10. Extensions & Integrations:
MailPoet can be extended with additional plugins and tools. You can integrate it with e-commerce plugins, lead generation tools, and more.
Conclusion: MailPoet is a comprehensive tool that provides most of the necessary features for email marketing within WordPress. Regular updates, creating engaging content, and monitoring your campaigns are the keys to successful email marketing with MailPoet.